- Message from the Chair
- Info Sci Colloquium
- Content Curation in Online Platforms
- Generative AI for the Cyberphysical World
- Making Better Decisions with Human-AI Teams
- Operationalizing Responsible Machine Learning: From Equality Towards Equity
- Data Values: Digital Surveillance and the New Epistemology of Psychiatry
- Computational Methods for Police Oversight and Reform Under Incomplete Data
- Why the First Amendment Protects Misinformation, and Why It Should Continue to Do So
- Tech / Law Colloquium
- IS Engaged
- Graduation Info
- Ethics and Politics in Computing Colloquium
- Info Sci Colloquium
- Contact Us
- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
For the Love of the Game: GDIAC Makes Digital Dreams Come True
For Zachary Schecter ‘23, it was winning the Most Innovative Game award at the Game Design Showcase his sophomore year that really clinched it: he would become a professional game developer...
Eight Merrill Scholars named from Cornell Bowers CIS
The Merrill Presidential Scholars Program honors the university's most outstanding seniors each graduation season, and this year that list includes eight scholars from the Cornell Ann S. Bowers...
Senior Student Spotlight 2023
As part of the largest graduating class in the history of the Cornell Ann S. Bowers College of Computing and Information Science, a few graduates in the Class of 2023 shared reflections on their...
Cornell Bowers CIS students show out at Info Sci project showcase
Since its first iteration in Spring 2019, the Cornell Information Science student project showcase has blossomed into a can’t-miss event at the end of every semester, featuring a panoply of...
Innovative games debut at GDIAC showcase
Dance through a rowdy house party, fight off dangerous fruit, and pull a fast one on a bubble gum cartel at the Game Design Initiative at Cornell (GDIAC) showcase, held Saturday, May 20...
10 pioneering faculty receive Cornell Bowers CIS excellence awards
The Cornell Ann S. Bowers College of Computing and Information Science awarded 10 faculty members annual excellence awards for the 2022-2023 academic year. Five were honored for exceptional...
Writing with an AI’s help can change your opinions
Artificial intelligence-powered writing assistants that autocomplete sentences or offer “smart replies” not only put words into people’s mouths, they also put ideas into their heads, according to new...
I, robot: Remote proxy collaborates on your behalf
Cornell researchers have developed a robot called ReMotion that occupies physical space on a remote user’s behalf, automatically mirroring the user’s movements in real time and conveying key body...
Technology showcase returns with a BOOM
Darren Key ’25 was tired of listening to the same lofi hip-hop songs over and over again while studying. “I love lofi music,” he said. “My thought process was, if I create an infinite radio of lofi...