- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
The requirements for completion of an MPS degree in Information Science are designed to give students exposure to a range of Information Science and provide the flexibility for students to combine Information Science with their individual career goals.
I. Credit Requirements
30 credits of courses at a 4000-level or higher, distributed as follows:
- Information Science credits - at least 18 credits total. Please see the MPS Courses.
- A minimum of 9 credits from the Human and Social Systems.
- A minimum of 9 credits from the Information Systems category.
- MPS Project credits - between 3 or 6 credits: Either in the MPS Project (INFO 5900) or in the Digital Technology Practicum (INFO/NBA 6480)
- Elective credits - 0 - 9 credits: Please see MPS Courses for a list of the approved electives for each semester. Any electives not listed must have prior approval by the Director, who acts as faculty advisor for all MPS students.
II. Grade Requirements
- Information Science and Elective courses: a minimum grade of C. Two of these credits may be taken as pass/fail (S/U).
- MPS Project: a minimum grade of B.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.