- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
The requirements for completion of an MPS degree in Information Science are designed to give students exposure to a range of Information Science and provide the flexibility for students to combine Information Science with their individual career goals.
I. Credit Requirements
30 credits of courses at a 4000-level or higher, distributed as follows:
- Information Science credits - at least 18 credits total. Please see the MPS Courses.
- A minimum of 9 credits from the Human and Social Systems.
- A minimum of 9 credits from the Information Systems category.
- MPS Project credits - between 3 or 6 credits: Either in the MPS Project (INFO 5900) or in the Digital Technology Practicum (INFO/NBA 6480)
- Elective credits - 0 - 9 credits: Please see MPS Courses for a list of the approved electives for each semester. Any electives not listed must have prior approval by the Director, who acts as faculty advisor for all MPS students.
II. Grade Requirements
- Information Science and Elective courses: a minimum grade of C. Two of these credits may be taken as pass/fail (S/U).
- MPS Project: a minimum grade of B.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
Students are welcome to attend office hours with either Gilly Leshed, Director of the MPS program, or Barbara Woske, Graduate Field Assistant. Please note office hours are designed to advise students of their academic plan, but also is a place to discuss any other aspects of student life. Office hours are held individually and once you log into the Zoom space you will be placed into a waiting room. You will be admitted to the meeting on a first come first serve basis. Please see the office hours information below.
Gilly Leshed, Director of MPS Information Science program
Student Office hours, Fridays 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
Zoom link: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/98022680181?pwd=ZXlzWFVnVkJJVkpScTB6Nit0QlFEQT09
Barbara Woske, Graduate Field Assistant, Information Science, MPS and PhD program
Student Office hours, Wednesdays 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM EST
Zoom link: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/96255698935?pwd=TEF1S09NNDhBWmtWRkJOMUN2YVhSQT09
Meeting ID: 962 5569 8935
Or to schedule a meeting outside of the office hours with Barbara, please use Calendly: https://calendly.com/phd-mps-infosci-advising