The list below comprises the core course requirements for the major in Information Science, Systems, and Technology in the College of Engineering. Where options in the core courses exist, the choice will depend on the student's interests and planned advanced courses for the selected primary and secondary tracks. Please reference the Cornell Class Roster for detailed information about these courses.
Probability, Statistics, and Optimization
- ORIE 3300: Optimization I
- ORIE 3500: Engineering Probability and Statistics II
- INFO 2300: Intermediate Design and Programming for the Web
- ORIE 3800: Information Systems and Analysis or ORIE 3120: Practical Tools for Operations Research, Machine Learning and Data Science.
one of --
- INFO 3300: Data-Driven Web Applications
- INFO 4300: Language and Information
Economic, Organizational, and Social Context
- INFO 2040: Networks
one of --
- INFO 2450: Communication and Technology
- ENGRC 3350: Communications for Engineering Managers