- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
Cornell’s commencement weekend scheduled for May 27-29, 2022 will be held in-person. The Information Science Department ceremony information is listed below and will be updated as more details are confirmed.
Information Science Department Ceremony and Reception Friday, May 27
Information Science is pleased to invite our degree candidates from August 2021, December 2021, May 2022, and August 2022 and their families to the hybrid graduation ceremony.
- Date: Friday, May 27, 2022
- Location: Barton Hall
- Ceremony: 12 to 2 p.m. (EDT)
- Reception: 2 to 3 p.m.
- This is a non-ticketed event. Graduates planning to have more than 6 guests attend are asked to notify Janeen Orr of the total number of guests.
- Graduates should wear their academic regalia to this ceremony.
- A livestream of the Recognition Ceremony is available.
- Download the program from the Recognition Ceremony. Also available is a version of the same program, but formatted for printing.
Each year, the department hires a professional photographer to capture memorable moments throughout the ceremony. These photos are now available free of charge for all of our students to be downloaded and shared as desired.
- Please note that guests with reduced mobility and/or limited stamina should enter Barton Hall directly by arriving on the Garden Avenue (east) side of Barton Hall - directly across from Teagle Hall. Guests may be dropped off on Garden Avenue prior to parking in the nearby garage. You can access a campus map.
- More information about accessibility accommodations for the University Commencement ceremony on Saturday including parking details.
A link to the live streaming video of the Information Science Ceremony via web-broadcast will be added when we have it, just a day or so before the event.
Weekend Event Ceremonies
Please visit the Cornell Commencement page for information on in-person events hosted by the University.
Information for Guests
Thank you, family and friends, for the care and support you’ve provided to your loved one throughout their time at Cornell and Bowers CIS.
- Plan Your Weekend: Whether you’re making the trip to campus from the Ithaca area or halfway around the world, we know there can be a lot of logistics involved. Visit the Cornell May Commencement Weekend website for information about disability accommodations and accessibility, guest travel, lodging, international guest visas, and more.
- Parking and Road Closures: Review the May Commencement Weekend parking & Directions information page for details about lot and road closures, plus free park-n-ride bus locations. Use the Cornell Campus Map to find your way on campus.
- Dress for the Season: Ithaca weather can be unpredictable, so be sure to pack for heat, rain, or cool weather, and bring comfortable shoes for walking on our campus and famous hills. Please be aware that Barton Hall is not air conditioned and there is not much shade available in Schoellkopf Stadium. Please plan accordingly.
- Explore Ithaca: Looking for something to do between events when your graduate is busy? Find plenty of local activities, events, restaurants, and more at visitithaca.com.