- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
Cornell’s commencement weekend scheduled for May 27-29, 2022 will be held in-person. The Information Science Department ceremony tentative information is listed below and will be updated as more details are confirmed.
WEEKEND EVENT CEREMONIES
Please visit the Cornell Commencement page for information on in-person events hosted by the University.
Information Science Department Ceremony and Reception Friday, May 27
Information Science is pleased to invite our degree candidates and their families to the hybrid graduation ceremony taking place from noon to 2 p.m. (EDT) Friday, May 27, 2022, in Barton Hall with a reception from 2 to 3 p.m. (Zoom link information will be emailed to all graduates prior to the event.)
Keepsake Cap and Gown Purchase - April 15, 2022
Head to the University's Commencement page to order your optional Keepsake Cap & Gown. Your order must be placed by April 15. The cap and gown will be shipped to the address you enter on the order form.
Information for Guests
Thank you, family and friends, for the care and support you’ve provided to your loved one throughout their time at Cornell and Bowers CIS.
- Plan Your Weekend: Whether you’re making the trip to campus from the Ithaca area or halfway around the world, we know there can be a lot of logistics involved. Visit the Cornell May Commencement Weekend website for information about disability accommodations and accessibility, guest travel, lodging, international guest visas, and more.
- Parking and Road Closures: Review the May Commencement Weekend parking & Directions information page for details about lot and road closures, plus free park-n-ride bus locations. Use the Cornell Campus Map to find your way on campus.
- Dress for the Season: Ithaca weather can be unpredictable, so be sure to pack for heat, rain, or cool weather, and bring comfortable shoes for walking on our campus and famous hills. Please be aware that Barton Hall is not air conditioned and there is not much shade available in Schoellkopf Stadium. Please plan accordingly.
- Explore Ithaca: Looking for something to do between events when your graduate is busy? Find plenty of local activities, events, restaurants, and more at visitithaca.com.