Note: Students will not be allowed to double major in ISST and CS or ISST and ORIE. In addition, ISST majors will not be allowed to minor in CS.
Regular affiliation with the ISST major
- Applications received between January 1st and January 31st are processed by March 1st.
- Applications received between February 1st and May 31st are processed by July 1st
- Applications received between June 1st and September 14th are processed by October 15th.
- Applications received between September 15th and December 31st are processed by mid-January.
Internal transfer from another Cornell college to the ISST major
- Students who want to transfer from another college at Cornell in order to major in ISST in the College of Engineering should contact the Internal Transfer Division in 220 Computing & Communications Center (CCC) Hall.
- Inform current advisor of intent to transfer, and email the ISST Undergraduate Coordinator.
- In order to declare the ISST major, please fill out the online IS affiliation application.
- In order to affiliate with the IS major, students must meet the criteria for admission to the major.
External transfer to Cornell from a different institution
- Students who would like to transfer from a college or university outside Cornell to the ISST major in the College of Engineering should view the College of Engineering's transfer admission website.
All potential affiliates are reviewed on a case-by-case basis relative to the following criteria:
- At least a C (For Spring 2020: a grade of C- or better, or S*) in two of: MATH 2940, CS 2110, and ENGRD 2700.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 in all completed Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Distribution, and ISST major courses.
- Qualifying courses must be taken at Cornell.
- Courses used to meet affiliation criteria may be repeated if the original course grade does not meet admission standards. The higher grade will be used for all repeated courses.
* The Information Science department cannot know how graduate schools, employers, and so on, will evaluate S grades.