- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
We offer three undergraduate degrees in Information Science.
Students can pursue a Bachelor of Arts degree in Information Science through the College of Arts & Sciences (BA-IS) or a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Science through the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) (BS-IS). These two degree programs are very similar, differing primarily in their associated college-level requirements.
In addition, the department offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Science, Systems, and Technology (ISST) to students in the College of Engineering (BS-ISST). This degree differs substantially from the A&S and CALS Information Science programs.
Please see the individual degree pages for more information about each program:
- BA in Information Science, College of Arts and Sciences
- BS in Information Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS)
- BS in Information Science Systems and Technology, College of Engineering
If you're not sure which undergraduate degree program is right for you, review the descriptions and requirements for each and then click through our Student Spotlights to read about student experiences in each program.
For more information about the major, please feel free to contact us by phone, 607-255-9837, email or visit the undergraduate program office located in 520 Rhodes Hall.
Office Hours (in person): Spring 2022, while classes are in session
Book an appointment with us via our Chatter page.
- IS/ISST Major Advising*: Choose “Ani Mercincavage” after selecting your appointment type.
Considering IS/ISST and want to learn more? You do not need to be a declared major to book an appointment.
Drop-in office hours on Zoom
Wednesdays – 1:00pm-3:00pm EST
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 939 260 0425
*No office hours: Winter break, February break, and Spring break*