- Message from the Chair
- Info Sci Colloquium
- Content Curation in Online Platforms
- Generative AI for the Cyberphysical World
- Making Better Decisions with Human-AI Teams
- Operationalizing Responsible Machine Learning: From Equality Towards Equity
- Data Values: Digital Surveillance and the New Epistemology of Psychiatry
- Computational Methods for Police Oversight and Reform Under Incomplete Data
- Why the First Amendment Protects Misinformation, and Why It Should Continue to Do So
- Tech / Law Colloquium
- IS Engaged
- Graduation Info
- Ethics and Politics in Computing Colloquium
- Info Sci Colloquium
- Contact Us
- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
Jessica Hong ’20 and Andrew Talone ’24 named Schwarzman Scholars
Jessica Hong ’20 and Andrew Talone ’24 are members of the 2024-25 cohort of Schwarzman Scholars, an international program that nurtures a network of future global leaders.
13 researchers named Eric and Wendy Schmidt AI in Science Postdoctoral Fellows
Thirteen Cornell postdoctoral researchers intent on leveraging artificial intelligence (AI) in areas as varied as astronomy, computational biology, and psychology have been named Eric and Wendy...
Weatherspoon appointed Bowers CIS Associate Dean for DEI
Hakim Weatherspoon, professor of computer science, will return to the role of Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for the Cornell Ann S. Bowers College of Computing and Information...
Technology Repair Fair helps people doctor their devices, not dump them
Volunteers saved 10 desktop computers, seven laptops, 14 monitors, countless cords and chargers, and one electronic cat toy from becoming e-waste at the first Technology Repair Fair, held in the...
Student designers offer HCI solutions by the dozens
Some 50 projects from nearly 200 Cornell students filled Duffield Hall atrium on Monday, December 4, for the Department of Information Science’s customary end-of-semester poster session. Each project...
Yin named to Forbes 30 under 30 list
Yian Yin, assistant professor of information science in the Cornell Ann S. Bowers College of Computing and Information Science, has been named to this year’s Forbes 30 under 30: Science ...
Angelique Taylor Received the Google Inclusion Research Award
Angelique Taylor, Assistant Professor at Cornell Tech and the Information Science Department at Cornell University, has earned the Google Inclusion Research Award for her work in robotics and...
Glasses use sonar, AI to interpret upper body poses in 3D
Throughout history, sonar’s distinctive “ping” has been used to map oceans, spot enemy submarines and find sunken ships. Today, a variation of that technology – in miniature form, developed by...
Meet the new Faculty: Daniel Susser
Daniel Susser is an associate professor of information science in the Cornell Ann S. Bowers College of Computing and Information Science. Before arriving to Cornell, Susser was the Haile...